EMSB plans for online learning May 26 and 27 in response to support staff strike action
Montreal, May 20, 2021- The Association professionnelle du personnel administratif (CSN) has filed an official notice of strike, to express their dissatisfaction with how the negotiations of their collective agreement with the government are unfolding. The strike is scheduled to begin at 12 p.m. on Wednesday May 26 and end at 12 p.m. on Thursday May 27.
Please note the following important information:
Teachers will provide services remotely for their students on both days as follows:
o On May 26, 2021: Online instruction from home will take place in the morning until 11:59 a.m.
for all students, and the school’s regular morning schedule will be respected. There
will be no classes for students in the afternoon, however, teachers will continue to work from home
in the afternoon and will receive further instructions from their administration.
o On May 27, 2021: There will be no classes for students in the morning, however, teachers will
work from home and will receive further instructions from their administration. Online
instruction for students will take place in the afternoon only, beginning at 12:01 pm, and the
school’s regular afternoon schedule will be respected.
• Attendants and Technicians, will also provide services remotely with students and teachers on
both days as per the above schedule.
• With the exception of Teachers, Attendants and Technicians all employees are expected to
report to work at their schools/centres on Wednesday May 26ᵗ and will be dismissed at 11:59 a.m.
to be able to exit the building before the commencement of the strike
• With the exception of Teachers, Attendants and Technicians, all employees are expected to
report to work at their schools/centres on Thursday May 26 at 12:01 p.m. and assume their regular
• Daycare services will be cancelled for students; however, the daycare staff is expected to
report to school both days (as per the above schedule) and await instructions from
• All employees who are unable to work their hours due to the strike will receive their regular
• Adult Education and Vocational Training Centres will offer online instruction where possible
as well as in-person instruction to Vocational training students following hands-on programs.
In-person classes will end at 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday May 26 and resume at 12:01 p.m.
on Thursday May 27 in the usual manner and as scheduled for the rest of the day.