Classes for EMSB Youth Sector Cancelled on May 19 Due to Strike of Professionals
Montreal, May 14, 2021- Le Syndicat des Professionnelles et Professionnels du milieu de l’éducation de Montréal (SPPMEM), CSQ has filed an official notice of strike for Wednesday May 19, 2021, to express their dissatisfaction with how the negotiations of their collective agreement with the government are unfolding. The strike will begin at 0:01 a.m. and end at 11:59 a.m.
In order to mitigate the impact of the strike, the following measures will be in effect on Wednesday, May 19:
Adult Education and Vocational Services
• Centres will be closed on the morning of Wednesday, May 19. As of 12:01 p.m., all staff will report to work as scheduled for the rest of the day.
• All morning classes will be cancelled. However, continuing education classes and activities scheduled as of 12:01 p.m. on that day will proceed as scheduled.
High School and Elementary School
• Classes for Elementary and High School will be suspended for the day.
• All High School and Elementary School buildings will be closed on the morning of Wednesday, May 19. As of 12:01 p.m., caretakers will report to work as per their regular schedules for the remainder of the day.
• Teachers will not be following their regular teaching schedules, however as of 12:01 p.m. they will report to work virtually and perform tasks as agreed upon with their Principal.
• All other school staff will be advised by their Principal whether they will be required to physically report to work at school as of 12:01 p.m. or to work virtually if feasible.
• All daycare services will be suspended on this day.
Michael J. Cohen
Communications and Marketing Specialist